What's a blog?

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Jun 6 14:30:40 PDT 2002

typically a blog is a personal site for sharing cool links and posting comments/opinions. in other words, (a) i thought this thing at this link was cool or interesting, and (b) rants/raves about politics, movies, public figures, technology, whatever.

some standard/well-known blogs include: http://www.kottke.org/ http://www.peterme.com/

but you might also check bruce sterling's blog, posted daily at http://www.infinitematrix.net/

there are a couple of pretty standard blogging tools, but probably the best known and most used is http://www.blogger.com/ where you can also find bajillions of blogs.

sites like slashdot (http://www.slashdot.org) and http://www.metafilter.com/ are also blogesque, but more news oriented, typically, and more community-based in general. then there's some bozo posting at http://www.brainmortgage.com/.

jeff wannabe geek