Against the single payer system

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jun 6 14:45:28 PDT 2002

At 01:38 PM 6/6/2002 -0700, joanna wrote:
>) 1/2 my salary goes to taxes...for which I get no health care, a
>laughable educational system, and no support for child care at all....
>AND, if they have their way, no social security either.

only 50% ? Add to it payments to private corporations, which are not called "taxes" but serve the same function as taxes elsewhere i.e. they are payments for collective goods, such as health care, insurance, transportation, or education. If we add these payments to the equation we may discover that the US is one of the most heavily taxed countries on Earth - and much of that does not even go the government.

wojtek