Are you the Weakest Link?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Jun 9 20:53:25 PDT 2002

>Here is a very simple little test comprising of four questions to
>determine the level of your intellect. Your replies must be
>spontaneous and immediate, with no deliberating or wasting time. And
>no cheating. Marks, set....GO!!!

>2 : If you overtake the last runner, what position are you now in?
>
> Answer: If you answered second-last, once again you're completely wrong.
>
>Think about it...How can you over take the person coming last? If you're
>behind them then they can't be last. The answer is impossible!! It
>would appear
>that thinking is not one of your strong points. You would make a good weak
>link!!!

No, *you're* the weak link. If you overtake the last runner, you've obviously lapped the field and must be *first*.

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)