mass transit (sic)

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Jun 10 08:40:13 PDT 2002

>. . . Suburbanities are unlikely to benefit from it because of
> its marginal cost (they already must have a car, and switching to public
> transit poses additional cost - as opposed to urban folks who

I have a car but we use the Metro quite a bit.

> ride transit instead of buying a car). Ethnic prejudice is also a factor
that
> contributes to this demand fragmentation.

I doubt this too. You drive downtown depending on whether or not you can expect to easily park (which depends on where you are going), what the time difference is, and what you need to bring with you.

> surrounding them (for a comparison - my energy in in urban apartment is
> about $40/month comparing to about $250+ for a suburban home) . Yet the

$250 a month!!!! you've got to be kidding.

Maybe if you're growing marijuana in the basement, not that I have any special knowledge of such things.

mbs