Patriotism, Hendrix

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 10 15:04:38 PDT 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Most of the times, people don't _watch_ TV; they zone out in front of
> their TV's (especially after work). "Watching" takes too much energy.
> --
> Yoshie

I don't know whether this is correct or not -- but note. Confirmation of this proposition about the use of a major cultural "media" would (a) be rather more important than any knowledge gained from one hour or 1000 hours of watching some (necessarily)idiosyncratic selection of TV and (b) could not be gained by watching TV but would have to be arrived at by other sources.

No one yet has given any evidence whatever that personally watching TV leads to knowledge of anything.

Carrol