Padilla

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 12 16:07:00 PDT 2002

Joe Golowka>...He committed a thought crime.

Todays SF Chronicle quoted a Republican Senator saying eactly that when voting against bringing to the floor the Hate Crimes Bill pushed for by the LGBT "community" via lobbying groups like the Human Rights Campaign. Xtian Rightists have for a while adopted the pose (doubtless loons like Lou Sheldon believe it) that Christians and other conservatives are persecuted minorities and their objections to the,"Militant Homosexuals, "(see for example, a screamer of a book entitled, "The Homosexual Network, " that alleges a gigantic Homintern Plot) are not based on prejudice and fear but prudential.

Side note on the Human Rights Campaign. HRC last yr. broadened it's advisory board and staff to include Republican moneybags. (Not that HRC won't still take $ from say, Sheldon Anderson, the gay Democrat millionaire owner of a West Hollywood based bank.) The days of staffers like lefty Urvashi Vaid and Melinda Paras at HRC are long over. Paras, previous to her being a staffer at HRC was a cadre in the M-L Line of March and previous to that, when in the Phillipines, was a supporter of the "maoist" New People's Army led by Jose Maria Sison, if memory serves.

On the "other" side of the Guppie Pond, the Republican Log Cabin Club poobah, Rich Tafel, has a letter in the current TNR disputing a recent story there. He defends Attorney General Ashcroft bringing up that DOJ recently announced a federal prosecution of a killer of two lesbians last yr. Michael Pugliese P.S. On a visit to my old alma mater last yr. w/Thomas Seay, I found a huge packet given to all incoming freshpeople. Pages and pgs. of regulations about what is acceptable or not to utter. No more Asst. Profs in Chicano Studies sympathetic to the Sparts shouting at campus rallies, like one when I was there, "Kill The Fucking Fascists!" (Three punk rockers I knew, all apolitical.) Or campus Republicans mocking PC by writing letters to the editor of the campus paper, City on a Hill, signed, "Rudyard Kipling." Which some undergrad, in all sincerity, wrote in later saying, "Who Is This Rudyard Kipling?" P.P.S. "Who Is Vincent Foster?" P.P.P.S. "Who is John Fund?" P.P.P.P.S."What Is This Cold War everyone keeps mentioning?" Fellow student in 1984 in the Wally Goldfrank class where we all read tons of Wallerstein, Andre Gunder Frank, Samir Amin...and this person did not know what the Cold War or the Berlin Wall was? Aargh. E.D. Hirsch was right...