Padilla

kelley star.matrix at verizon.net
Thu Jun 13 16:32:05 PDT 2002

At 08:15 PM 6/13/02 +0000, Justin Schwartz wrote:

>Sounds like you have made up your mind. You trsut Ashcrodt, think he;s
>publically accountable. I guess your original question wasn't really a
>question at all.

oh puh-lease. you regularly uphold representative democracy and its institutions. he was making a pragmatic claim... given the choice ....

>But I am not saying that Ashcroft will overthrow the Constitutiona and
>establish a new fascism. It is you who raised that red herring. Kelly is,
>as usual, dead wrong about who is deliberately misinterpreting whom.

as usual? trot out the rest of the occasions, pal. i look above and i see a man denouncing representative democracy, as if he's never defended liberal institutions on this list before. no, i'm sorry, Wojtek made it pretty clear that he wasn't a defender of the administration in the typical sense, but you trotted out arguments to suggest that he could only be.

don't much agree with Wojtek here, more you Justin, but the initial response to him was unnecessary.

kelley