Russia seeks monopoly price caps to trim inflation

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Thu Jun 13 18:46:29 PDT 2002

What kind of growth in wages is Russia experiencing? Also what's the deal on the new tax on oil? Read about it in financial press. Mentioned in passing almost. Also saw articles commenting on the end of export fees on metals. Are these significant things over there? And while I got you Chris, has anyone expressed opinion that Putin is helping keep US economy afloat with Russian oil?? I was a bit taken aback by the PPI today and partly because it seems that with the dollar weaker oil would be more expensive. Or something like that. ----- Original Message ----- From: ChrisD(RJ) <chrisd at russiajournal.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 9:40 AM Subject: Russia seeks monopoly price caps to trim inflation