Oracle's second R & D Centre for China

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Thu Jun 13 19:56:51 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: Ian Murray <seamus2001 at attbi.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 10:22 PM Subject: Re: Oracle's second R & D Centre for China

Hmm. Hadn't thought about that. What I'm trying to get to though is somehow related to US multinationals. I've mentioned that they were complaining about profit loss due to currency issues, several qtrs before the 2000 market bust. Now, this qtr, I've already seen a coupla mentions of earnings growth because of the dollars reversal.(not that that's specifically mentioned as the reason). So there's very immediate sensitivity in the earnings reports to these issues. So what about US multi's dealing with China? What does that fix do to their bottom lines? Wouldn't it create a false(in the actually existing system) stability to their business with China? By 2006 a lot of their investing will be over.