Rove's PP show

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Fri Jun 14 09:39:02 PDT 2002

>At 10:14 AM -0400 6/14/02, BuzzFlash wrote:
>>Yes, a Karl Rove power point presentation on Republican election
>>strategy was lost on a Washington street. (We are not making this up.)
>>
>>Read this article from Roll Call for details:
>>
>>http://www.rollcall.com/pages/columns/hoh/

http://nytimes.com/2002/06/14/politics/14ROVE.html

Red Faces in White House Over '02 Analysis By ELISABETH BUMILLER ...

For example, the White House analysis of campaigns for the Senate, where Democrats hold a one-vote margin, shows that there is a "strong chance" that two Republican incumbents, Tim Hutchinson of Arkansas and Bob Smith of New Hampshire, will lose to Democrats, a direr assessment than Republican officials have stated publicly.

In addition, it says, President Bush needs to "grow" his outreach to Latinos, suburban women, Roman Catholics and union members, but only "improve" his outreach to African-Americans, a group that was alienated during the 2000 election recount in Florida, where some blacks believe there was an organized Republican campaign to disenfranchise them. ..."

In the film Undercover Brother, agent Conspiracy Brother, played by David Chapelle, posed the question what have the Republicans done for blacks lately.