The Age of Equality

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jun 15 16:09:13 PDT 2002

>An alternative to the NIT --
>
>http://maxspeak.org/tax1.html
>

>This isn't another mealy-mouthed request for answers to right-wing
>arguments, but the following passages are interesting (and maybe the next
>big thing in Sullivania). Along with pleas that our big-hearted immigration
>policy is the main contributor to inequality in America, we now have the
>insistence that, since Bill Gates is no more powerful today than Andrew
>Carnegie was during the Gilded Age, Paul Krugman is mostly wrong to fret
>over the growing concentration of wealth in the hands of a lucky few. This
>comes from http://janegalt.net, one of the homes of KrugmanWatch on the web.

You're going to worry about someone who thinks that Bill Clinton was forced into supporting NAFTA--against his will--by Newt Gingrich?

You gotta hope that the rest of the system will diminish the influence of people who are "underbriefed." Concentrate on making good arguments, not on spending your time countering bad ones...

Brad DeLong