more dollar bearishness

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Mon Jun 17 08:21:22 PDT 2002

Knowing what I know about the whole US-Japan set up, I'm betting the former--the big takeover of banking.

C. Jannuzi

Again I'm confused. Mainly I think cause I can't find any currency charts that go beyond two years so I can't see the history. During Rubin, when the yen was 80, was that before the strong dollar period? And now that it's Y124 or so and that's much weaker, then you say it's still over-valued? About what should it be then? If the US banks are gonna buy out some Japanese banks I would imagine they'd want to take the USD up first. IOW, sell gold. Awhile back I read that the reason Y was going up was that foriegn "investment" was coming into the country, thus buying Y. Does that sound plausible to you?