W @ Ohio State

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 17 12:37:45 PDT 2002

From our website Turn Your Back on Bush! @ <http://www.turnyourbackonbush.com/>:

***** ...For clarification, the man who threatened arrest and expulsion for individuals protesting spoke both at the ceremony on Friday and the practice graduation on Thursday. His name is Richard A. Hollingsworth, email <hollingsworth.1 at osu.edu>, office number 614-292-0307. He is the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs. Read some letters that have already been sent to Hollingsworth and OSU Administration [@ <http://www.turnyourbackonbush.com/letters.html>].... *****

Please write a letter of protest against Hollingsworth's intimidation. Send it to <hollingsworth.1 at osu.edu>, outgoing OSU president William E. Kirwan <kirwan.1 at osu.edu>, interim OSU president Edward H. Jennings <jennings.9 at osu.edu>, and cc it to <info at turnyourbackonbush.com>.

At 11:34 AM -0400 6/17/02, pms wrote:

>Yo Yoshie. You ok?

I'm fine -- I was among those who protested outside the stadium; and nobody who stood up and protested inside it got actually arrested (one was escorted out, though). Not many took part in the protest inside the stadium, perhaps due to prior intimidations: about 15 individuals stood up and turned their backs, of whom four were graduates. Outside the stadium, we had about 100 protesters. -- Yoshie