Alterman on Chomsky

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 17 12:50:52 PDT 2002

Serge Thion, of the La Vielle Taupe circle, notorious in the Faurrison affair (see, Pierre Vidal-Naquet's book on Holocaust denial. Might still be available in the web at the http://www.anti-rev.org webite, also see there the work of Alain Finkielkraut and Italian Trotskyist, Enzo Traverso) has an article on Chomsky and the KR.

http://www.abbc.com/aaargh/engl/thion/msif1-2.html

And, another aside. E.P. Thompson, in, "The Poverty of Theory, " his brilliant and funny polemic against Althusserianism mentions that Pol Pot studied marxism in Paris in the 50's. I've always wondered if he attended lectures by Samir Amin. I was an avid reader of Amin in the pgs. of Monthly Review in the 70's and 80's. Recently skimmed his MR Press book recounting his intellectual and political itinery. Michael Pugliese P.S. If Estabrook wants a sympathetic political economy of the KR, read a book I read in college by Malcolm Caldwell from Zed Press. Cite is in the biblio in the Sophal Esar thesis. Thought then that de-linking in the manner in which it was attempted in Democratic Kampuchea was nuts. P.P.S. Have the long pamphlet elsewhere in storage, so can't give the ful cite. (But, it is a footnote somewhere in, "Revolution in the Air, " by Max Elbaum) by Max Elbaum. Published by the small press that published Frontline and other Line of March pubs. On the reaction on the new communist movement left of the 70's to the slaughter of the KR and the Vietnamese invasion that kicked out those real social-fascists.