Alterman on Chomsky

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jun 17 17:14:57 PDT 2002

>etc etc. It seems to me that people who are uncomfortable with talk
>about U.S. imperialism like to seize on these things so they don't
>have to talk about imperialism - or better still, find comfort in
>discovering the errors of a leading critic of imperialism.
>

>Doug

How about, "Don't want people to stuff their heads further up their asses--and in the process become apologists for Milosevic and Osama bin Laden--by thinking that the *real* *issue* is the U.S. government acquiring control of the strategic Sarajevo airfield, or the U.S. government hoping to halve the population of Afghanistan through famine?

Brad DeLong