US beats Mexico in World Cup

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Tue Jun 18 09:58:08 PDT 2002

"There has to be an end to this disgrace where [Americans] treat us like rats and idiots."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20020618-656478.htm

Having watched the slow demoralization of many young Mexican men in the kitchens of Atlanta I was pleased when I read the two countries would be playing each other and Mexico was likely to win, a bright spot in their sad realization that working your ass off doesn't get you as far as you'da thought and being a mean ass-hole is a kitchen fashion statement. Yesterday I privately asked a coupla guys if they were sad about the US victory and suddenly we were in one of those situations where the understanding of English becomes more difficult than it seemed at other times and maybe they didn't really follow soccer. I dropped it immediately. I think they may have been too upset to talk about it with a gringa even though the three of us get along rather well. I must admit the modesty of the US team at least makes them leaps less annoying than America's Home Team, The Braves.(who also seriously cut into a waitrons income in this town, Yo Ted, a little humanitarian relief here) I wish the Mexican team coulda made a better exit.