Alterman

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 11:10:24 PDT 2002

Well, what makes you think Chomsky is next on MSNBC's list after Alterman? You know as well as I do that they sooner would turn to some right wing kook before Dean Baker, Doug Henwood, or Chomsky get on the air. Heck, how often have you seen Kutner? Where is Bill Wolman now? Come on....... I think that Alterman should be taken to task for his Chomsky bashing, but the notion that he is a total moron is too much. If I found out that TOm Tomorrow felt the same way about Noam, that would not stop me from loving his stuff or cause me to pronounce him a pseud-lefty. Alterman is what he is and he is a heck of a lot better than most of what gets on the tube.....would that I could see Chomsky every day, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

dave dorkin <ddorkin1 at yahoo.com> wrote: Simple: because one of the main reasons why he IS the most "respectable" and somewhat "left" columnist and Dean Baker or Noam isn't, is BECAUSE he attacks Chomsky et al resulting in instant mainstream credibility that his own modest skills do not warrant. There can surely be disagreements but Alterman spends much of his time deliberately trashing persons who disagree with him and who therefore must be simple-minded leftists unlike such a sophisticated foundation man...

...> Why the urge to attack the most left columnist in a