Amazing--Home Depot Cuts Off

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 18:18:38 PDT 2002

nate.org writes:

>Why are you making excuses for these pigs? They

>explicitly stated that there reason for cutting
off the government was
>to evade anti-discrimination rules.
>This is the same company that also refuses to
>deliver goods to union offices,
>for fear their drivers might interact with a
>union organizer.
>They are scum-- geez, the anti-government left
>does just wrap around and
>meet the anti-government right.

I wasn't making excuses for them. I still think their biggest reason is they don't make enough money from federal gov't business, so they highly circumscribe it. Federal regulations are no substitute for strong anti-discrimination laws fairly implemented nor are they a substitute for real national unions. I'm just not going to bend over backwards to praise unionism in the US; in my opinion it is ineffective. Truly, if I worked for Home Depot, I wouldn't want to deliver to a union office since they ignore most in the service sector anyway. What, they found out someone operates forklifts on loading docks at HD, so that is a job worthy of union efforts? And would you please quote more selectively so as to save bandwidth? C. Jannuzi