lbo-talk-digest V1 #6340

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 19 13:27:07 PDT 2002

frank scott wrote:

>"I've never seen Chomsky display any sympathies for the bestiary
>Cockburn has praised - Larry Pratt, Ron Paul. Can't imagine it either."
>
>don't know the first name, but ron paul ? what is "bestial" about him?

Christian fundamentalist, goldbug, anti-abortion theocrat.

Larry Pratt runs Gun Owners of America who loved the Central American death squads. Ace opened a profile of him by declaring that one of the pleasures of talking with Pratt is that he denounces Charlton Heston as a chardonnay-swilling sellout.

Doug