Delong, Summers etc.

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 21:30:42 PDT 2002

pms wrote:

>Beating up Brad cause he's still talking to
Larry is not a winning position. >Delong tries. Well maybe try is too concrete. Delong does not turn his back >and laugh. I think he deserves a break just for that. It's like a Johnny Cash
>thing. And it ain't bad. It ain't good
neither, but it's not worthy of attack. >Really.

I accidentally created one of those 'digest' threads, so I've given it a title now. Hey, look, I don't even much care about the 'malignant fuck' remark he made (it makes me think I must have said something interesting). But til he spills some beans on what really made Rubin-Summers and Clinton's Japan policy tick, he gets little respect from this quarter. Of course, the Plato discussion (hint, you can get more reading one article in the Encyc. of Phil.) is making even Delong look good about now. I wonder if Brad is giving anyone advice on how to run Harvard U.? CEJ