Fw: (en) altmedia: Moscow police: Havent you ever broken any bones? (report on recent demo)

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Mon Jun 24 00:36:24 PDT 2002

The "antiglobalization" movement in the Western sense is pretty dinky in Russia. (The KPRF is anti-globalization, though, and in that sense it's enormous.) Radically minded young people are more likely to join the National Bolshevik Party or become part of the small but visible anarchist movement (if they're intellectuals) or some rhetorically Stalinist or pan-Slavic organization (if they're working class). (I realize the movement is not just young people, but you get what I mean.)

Chris Doss The Russia Journal