usa today palestine spin alert

Cian cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 17:39:44 PDT 2002

Arafat's popularity did go down though after the israelis let him out of the bunker. Palestinians (probably rightly) thought he had done a deal with the Israelis. Then he compounded that by refusing to go to see one of the towns after the Israeli attack (I'm tired, so can't remember the name).

I agree the conclusions drawn by the article are dubious, but I don't think Arafat is particularly popular with the Palestinians. Ironically the only thing he has going for him is that Sharon is so determined to get rid of him.