AFA freaks on PoA

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 26 19:02:33 PDT 2002

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:06:55 -0500 Subject: AFA Says 9th Circuit Seeks To Remove All Vestiges Of Religious Heritage From Public Square To: "dhenwood at panix.com" <dhenwood at panix.com> From: "American Family Association" <afa at afa.net>

Special message from AFA Chairman, Donald E. Wildmon

AFA Update!

AFA Says 9th Circuit Seeks To Remove All Vestiges Of Religious Heritage

"Americans will no longer remain silent in the face of such judicial arrogance. It was not that long ago when a decision like this would have been unthinkable. Obviously that is no longer the case. We remain silent at our own peril." AFA President Tim Wildmon

In a stunning ruling today, a three judge panel for the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals found that the Pledge of Allegiance violates the Establishment Clause of the United States Constitution because it contains the words "under God". One judge dissented from the court's ruling.

Upon hearing of the court's ruling today, American Family Association president Tim Wildmon expressed disbelief: "The Ninth Circuit seems to be on a search and destroy mission to remove any and all vestiges of our religious heritage from the public square." Brian Fahling, Senior Trial Attorney for the AFA's Center for Law & Policy noted that "the Pledge of Allegiance is a uniquely American political creed that summarizes the founding and guiding principles of our nation."

Wildmon stated that he is hopeful that "Americans will no longer remain silent in the face of such judicial arrogance. It was not that long ago when a decision like this would have been unthinkable. Obviously that is no longer the case. We remain silent at our own peril." Fahling agreed, saying, "today the pledge was felled by the judicial axe, tomorrow it will be the Declaration of Independence with its many references to Divine Providence and our Creator."

ACTION NEEDED

American Family Association believes that President Bush should be encouraged to publicly defend our children's right to pledge their allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. AFA believes that the men and women of our military who have died and are dying for this freedom deserve better.

Contact President Bush and urge him to go to a public school west of the Rockies and lead the children in the Pledge of Allegiance. Let the President know that this ruling of the 9th Circuit has served as a wake up call for you and that you will no longer remain silent. Urge him to do it for freedom's sake! Urge him to do it for our children's sake!

Contacting President George W. Bush

COMMENTS: 202-456-1111 SWITCHBOARD: 202-456-1414 FAX: 202-456-2461 E-mail: <mailto:president at whitehouse.gov>president at whitehouse.gov

<http://www.afa.net/activism/aa101201.asp>I Pledge Allegiance - - By Red Skelton

Sign Up To Join! <http://www.onemillionmoms.com>OneMillionMoms.com <http://www.onemilliondads.com>OneMillionDads.com