overheard

kelley star.matrix at verizon.net
Thu Jun 27 14:03:08 PDT 2002

In place of God in the pledge, I keep thinking someone should suggest "unspecified-non-gender-specific-possibly-but-not-necessarily-omnipresent -deity-or-other-being-who-may-or-may-not-exist".

Reply: For some people, this would probably be turned into the acronym "LYNYRD SKYNYRD".

heh.

kelley, gonna go play "call me the breeze" (reminds me o' gramps playin' the 88s) and then a little Rockpile and the egalitarians will cringe and cover their ears and i will be glad no commie heaven will be born in my lifetime and, at the least, i can rest safe knowing i'll be shot for my sins if it does.