lack of student aid

kelley star.matrix at verizon.net
Thu Jun 27 20:20:45 PDT 2002

At 06:13 PM 6/27/02 -0700, Dennis Robert Redmond wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, kelley wrote:
>
> > how can that much debt be racked up when the limits, ten-fifteen yrs ago,
> > were $2500/yr for undergrads and $8k/yr. for grads?
>
>No, it was something like $7500 a year for Staffords, plus other forms of
>debt (Pell, private debt, etc.), which all add up after awhile. My 94K was
>racked up over 1992-2000, or about 11K/year.
>
>-- Dennis

so, is it because i was an adult, not dependent on my folks that i and all my friends in same boat could only take out $2500 in the early 90s? now i'm gonna have to call someone at sallie mae and freakin find out. i'm glad i don't have the debt, but so many different decisions might have been made. and i absolutely know for a fact that, in grad school, i was told the limit was 8k. no mention was ever made of more than that. this is going to bug the sheeeeeeit outta me til i find out!

kelley