fed on deflation

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 22:08:59 PDT 2002

>A giant, Swiss-run collections agency will
>descend upon Washington DC, and
>refunction the Pentagon into a payments
>processing center. - -- Dennis

Come on Dennis, Carlyle Group has already done that for the entire federal gov't, with payments going to all those 'services' companies CG owns. However, the CG prefer Bermuda and Cayman Islands to the land of cuckoo clocks and chocolate. I think it must have something to do with the language barrier or something.

BTW, some on the list were asking for financial advice, well, sort of. Did you know Swiss law mandates that insurance annuities pay a certain interest rate--something like 4%? I think it is really only mandated for companies whose retirement funds are located in Switzerland, but it is apparently custom for the Swiss to extend it to all those annuity policy holders everywhere. Apparently that is where Kenneth Lay of Enron put some of his nest egg for a job well done.

CJ