Plunge Protection Team?

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Thu Jun 27 22:27:42 PDT 2002

Oh yeah. I first heard about it on the gold bug sites. I just thought the fact that it was being talked about in places like thestreet.com was interesting. As far as being good, well that would just depend. What if these things have happened before, as in creating the bubble? What if this market interference is used to make the system collapse when it fills the needs of certain element of big capital? Or they let a few of their closest friends in on the fact that a plunge is gonna happen but it will be short lived (like maybe those visiting foreign dignitaries) What power to broker. And don't you get punished for breaking economic laws? I don't know but I just started Michael's book and I see that he leading me to places I want to look for some answers. Speaking of thestreet.com, this fellow Don Luskin(not a gold bug but thought gold would go up in a general market recovery for reasons I didn't really get), as I've mentioned, was driven off the staff for irresponsibly recommend a tiny gold stock, KGC. (It was around 70 cents at the time. After a significant correction the stock is around 2.45.) Another reason why seeing thestreet even covering a gold bug idea was sorta shocking. ----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 6:24 PM Subject: Re: Plunge Protection Team?