student loans

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Jun 28 10:02:34 PDT 2002

At 10:45 PM 06/27/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>but again, how do you get a loan for more than the max of $2500 a year.
>obviously, one can, since i hear of people with humungo debt burdens. i
>just don't get the math. if you got out the max undergrad loan and the max
>grad loan and took 10 years to finish, then it would be 90k. but you're
>saying that undergrads had 40k of debt. how, if the limit was a loan of
>$2500/year?

Having never applied for a loan or researched the stuff, I can't say anything more than what other people posted...that being that the total loan amount comes from different sources: credit cards, that PLUS stuff, and ordinary student loans.

I was teaching in 1980-1987, so things could have changed since then.

Joanna