lack of student aid

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Jun 28 13:35:32 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/28/02 9:06:35 AM, owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com writes:

>i recall learning that you could get 8k for grad school, but even then
>you have to be in grad school ten years for that kind of debt!?
>kelley

Nearly everyone I know who has school debt has credit card debt, which they racked up on irresponsible purchases such as rent and groceries. My nephew joined the military after several years of failing to get out from under debt incurred getting a BA at the University of Minnesota.

Adolph Reed, Jr. has written a free higher education plank for the Labor Party, based on the GI Bill. It's at www.freehighered.org. Academics and unions are invited to sign on, the forms are on the website. The program's being launched this summer, at the Labor Party's third national convention in DC.

Jenny Brown co-chair, Alachua County Labor Party www.thelaborparty.org