Communism

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Jun 28 17:07:43 PDT 2002

Miles Jackson wrote:

> > This statement does not correspond with my experience or understanding
> > of the world. Police, judges and jailers exist in large part to handle
> > crimes of passion that have nothing to do with class conflict.
> >
> > Paul Prescod
>
> Um, you might want to take a look at the FBI Uniform Crime Reports.
> Property crimes are about 9-10 times more frequent than violent crimes,
> and only a subset of violent crimes are "crimes of passion". If we
> somehow eliminated all "crimes of passion", it would barely make a
> dent in the crime rate!

Neverthless, if there are only a thousand crimes of passion and a few dozen by psychopathic serial killes per year in a country the size of the United States we still need a model for removing dangerous people from society so that they do not harm the rest of us.

And I will "give you" the idea that property crimes will go away in a communist society which is not necessarily true.

Paul Prescod