bumper crop of fucks

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jun 28 17:21:58 PDT 2002

Date: 28 Jun 2002 09:14:06 -0000 To: List Member <dhenwood at panix.com> From: "The FC Network" <info at fuckedcompany.com> Subject: FC Sporadic for Friday, June 28, 2002

Hey,

I know none of you Sporadic subscribers give a fuck about business n stuff... but still, I have to say... we're in red-alert mode. FC usually receives a few internal memos everyday, but it's usually stupid shit like cafeteria menu changes, office supply bandits, and "stop stealing my lunch out of the fridge" type of stuff.

But the last flurry has been hardcore... in the past few days alone, hefty memos from Worldcom, Lucent, Cnet, Digex, Accenture, Excite, 3com, Verio, Hewlett Packard, Dell, and more... heed this warning people. Run for the hills.

For the super-secret link to read all of the memos published to FC (334 and counting), <http://comments.fuckedcompany.com/fc/phparchives/search.php?search=_email> click here. Note that these are just the ones that have been published publically... there are thousands more in the <http://www.fuckedcompany.com/services/> subscribers area, but you're just a bunch of cheap bastards aren't you.

OH OH and hey if you're at work, you might want to wait till nobody's around before you watch <http://www.fuckedcompany.com/den/> this most excellent Flash animation about Digital Entertainment Network, and their founders who are wanted for child molestation (always a fun topic! ugh). Still, the animation is WELL worth the download (just make sure nobody's around...)

Hope I got your morning off to a bright and cheery start, have a good weekend!

rock on, or something. pud

Here are some of today's newest fucks. As usual, many more new ones on the site. <http://www.fuckedcompany.com/> http://www.fuckedcompany.com/

Worldcorn Regarding layoffs at Worldcom, "2000 will be contractors, 3000 will be attrition, 5000 will be......" according to <http://www.fuckedcompany.com/extras/worldcom6_email.cfm> this memo distributed to some employees. More FC Worldcom "coverage" <http://comments.fuckedcompany.com/fc/phparchives/search.php?search=worldcom> here. Company: Worldcom Points: 194

CNOT "We will be reducing our workforce by approximately 10% worldwide," according to <http://www.fuckedcompany.com/extras/cnet4_email.cfm> this memo sent to Cnet employees... (10% = about 200 people) Company: CNET Points: 177

Digest "We have laid off 86 employees this week," says <http://www.fuckedcompany.com/extras/digex_email.cfm> this memo sent to Digex employees. Company: Digex Points: 145

Damage control I think the point of <http://www.fuckedcompany.com/extras/lucent2_email.cfm> this memo sent to Lucent employees is basically, "No, we're not gonna be the next mega-corp to get in line and announce scandal"... or sumthin. rock. Company: Lucent Points: 112

Cerover "Please be informed that effective June 25, 2002, Cereva Networks Inc. is ceasing its business operations," says <http://www.cereva.com/> their site. $137M down the shitter with no revenue. When: 6/28/2002 Company: Cereva Networks Points: 200 - new hall of fame inductee!

300 baud Rumor has it Modem Media just closed their Toronto, Munich, and Hong Kong offices without warning. Also... word is salaries in the Norwalk, CT headquarters were slashed by 25%. Company: Modem Media Points: 190

Copyright 2002. The new Elvis Box Set, <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000066CDF/ref%3Dnosim/fc-20/> Today, Tomorrow, & Forever, kicks assss. This King is both severely over-rated, while being massively under-rated... ya know?