Determinism

R rhisiart at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 28 19:23:17 PDT 2002

carrol simply hasn't got it, todd. he knows he's wupped before he even starts.

----- Original Message ----- From: Todd Archer To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 4:41 PM Subject: Re: Determinism

Carrol said:

>I don't think it is worthwhile replying to R -- if he can use as silly >a
>non-marxist expression as "historical determinism," then he is >beyond the
>reach of reasoned argument. Whatever you say he will simply >and quite
>automatically and unconsciously translate it into his >preconceived
fantasy
>of what marxism is.

Oh, come on, Carrol, don't be silly. If we all followed this advice, we'd be sitting in our own little corners, glaring at one another and refusing to communicate. "Chaqu'un son gout", eh? Especially in cyberspace. Maybe R might see something that'll modify his thinking for the future, who knows.

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx