communism

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Sat Jun 29 17:15:37 PDT 2002

At 10:13 PM 06/28/2002 -0400, Paul wrote:
>Neverthless, if there are only a thousand crimes of passion and a few
>dozen by psychopathic serial killes per year in a country the size of
>the United States we still need a model for removing dangerous people
>from society so that they do not harm the rest of us.

Sure we'd need to deal with them, but the model would be vastly different.

>And I will "give you" the idea that property crimes will go away in a
>communist society which is not necessarily true.

They don't go away entirely, but mostly. For one thing, there's no coporate crime. For another, I am far more nervous about going back to visit my native country (Romania) now than I was before the counter-revolution. Capitalism seems inevitably to bring crime, corruption, drugs, and prostitution. This is not to say that Romania was not a hell-hole before the free-marketers got their hands on it, but it just didn't have the above mentioned problems.

Joanna