Determinism

R rhisiart at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 29 20:18:42 PDT 2002

by golly, there are two michael puglieses .... or more. but nothing like the older G. Bush and his evil twin, skippy, i hope. ;-)

----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Pugliese To: lbo-talk Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 3:30 PM Subject: Re: Determinism

Todd Archer>...However, unless we have a right-wing equivalent to Michael Pugliese lurking here...

But, I am the Right-Wing Equivalent to Michael Pugliese! http://www.boneill.blogspot.com/2002_06_01_boneill_archive.html# 78102757 http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/00000006D931.htm The myth of the far right by Brendan O'Neill Is Nazism making a comeback? According to Martin Jacques, former editor of Marxism Today, 'Not since the 1930s has the threat of racism and fascism been so great in the West'.

("Racism and Fascism?" http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53609-2002Jun27.html ) http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0110/2655.html http://www.worldracism.com/

Martin J. is Martin Jacques, former editor of, "Marxism Today, " the great glossy monthly of the Eurocommunist wing of the CPGB.)

The Age Of Self (Wyatt)

They say the working class is dead, we're all consumers now They say that we have moved ahead - we're all just people now There's people doing 'frightfully well' there's others on the shelf But never mind the second kind this is the age of self They say we need new images to help our movement grow They say that life is broader based as if we didn't know While Martin J. and Robert M. play with printer's ink The workers 'round the world still die for Rio Tinto Zinc And it seems to me if we forget Our roots and where we stand The movement will disintegrate Like castles built on sand http://www.strongcomet.com/wyatt/lyrics/lyrics2.htm

On the oft stated opinion, "Marxism is a religion, "

see the 3 vols. by ex-Marxist philosopher, "Main Currents of Marxism, " by Leszek Kolakowski, Oxford Univ. Press. Robert C. Tucker, "Philosophy & Myth in Karl Marx, "

Hmm... PDF] A significant cause of the revolutionary and terrorist activity ... File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML ... the Gnostic Religion , and in its principal modern instantiation, the thought of Karl Marx, as discussed by Robert Tucker in Philosophy and Myth in Karl Marx ... http://www.yorktownuniversity.com/documents/modern_ideologies.pdf

and Libertarian, A. Walicki, "Marxism and the Leap to the Kingdom of Freedom: The Rise and Fall of the Communist Utopia"" . Marxism & Christianity Author: Alasdair MacIntyre Binding: Paperback, 143 pages Publisher: University of Notre Dame Press Published Date: 03/01/1984

The Fragile Absolute—Or Why Is the Christian Legacy Worth Fighting For? By Slavoj Zizek Verso 182 pages, $25 http://www.inthesetimes.com/issue/24/15/mccarraher2415.html http://www.autodidactproject.org/bib/ideo1.html Turner, D., Marxism and Christianity, Blackwell, Oxford, 1983. Theology Today - Vol 46, No. 1 - April 1989 - BOOK REVIEW - ... ... Marxism and Religion: A Description and Assessment of the Marxist Critique of Christianity By David McLellan New York, Harper & Row, 1987. 209 pp. $18.95. ... http://theologytoday.ptsem.edu/apr1989/v46-1-bookreview5.htm Christianity: Revolutionary or reactionary? http://www.lrna.org/league/religion/PT.rel.13.html Marxism: An American Christian Perspective By Arthur F. McGovern Maryknoll, Orbis, 1980. 339 pp. $12.95. The Challenge ... http://theologytoday.ptsem.edu/jul1981/v38-2-bookreview13.htm Michael Pugliese