WSWS on Pearl

Cian O'Connor cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 02:25:53 PST 2002

--- Hakki Alacakaptan <nucleus at superonline.com> wrote:

> A british journalist captured by the Taliban claimed
> western intelligence
> tried to get her killed by giving them her
> ex-hubbie's Israeli passport and
> Mossad ID. I posted this on the 23rd. Doesn't seem
> to have registered.

When she made the claim, she had a book coming out that week about her experience as a prisoner of the Taliban. In both the interviews I saw she used this story to promote her book. Since then nothing. For someone who alleges that British intelligence tried to kill her - she seems remarkably sanguine about the experience.