Bill Clinton Defines Terrorism

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Mar 1 16:42:36 PST 2002

Lest our hatred for the loathsome atrocity known as the Dumbocratic Party fade, this little gem from the AP, which summarizes the man and his politics.

-- Dennis

------------------------------- Copyright 2002 Associated Press AP Worldstream HEADLINE: Security guards toss heckler out of Clinton speech DATELINE: BRISBANE, Australia BODY: Security guards forcibly removed a heckler from a charity dinner Friday after he stood up and began arguing with former U.S. President Bill Clinton.

The man, a paid guest at the black-tie dinner, was carried out of the function attended by 700 people after a verbal clash with Clinton. Seven minutes into Clinton's speech, the man, whose identity was not immediately released, began objecting to the former president's comments on the war against terrorism and said that the United States had been beaten in the Vietnam war.

"Hang on, North Vietnam beat you. They shot you down," the man shouted.

Unfazed, Clinton pointed out that North Vietnam had the fifth-biggest Army in the world.

"The Viet Cong were the terrorists," he said.

As the heckling continued and other guests told the man to sit down and be quiet, Clinton invited him to address the dinner in his place.

"I'd be happy for you to give this speech. I've been talking every night. I'm tired," he said. Clinton is on a speaking tour of Australia.

Security guards moved in to take the heckler away, but Clinton urged them to let him stay.

"Be nice to him. Listen, most of these things are highly predictable. Don't throw him out," Clinton said. "Let him sit down. Just sit down and have a good time. Relax, chill out."

But as the interruptions continued, guards moved in and carried the man out.

It was not immediately clear if the man would be charged with any offense.