Getting Back to David Lynch

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 2 03:53:09 PST 2002

>From: Thomas Seay
>
>To get back specifically to Lynch, I think that a movie, like "Mulholland
>Drive", depicts incredibly well the tendency for dream and daydream to
>impose themselves on "reality", the "real" situation.

No question "Mulholland Drive" was like a dream; I couldn't remember any of it minutes after it was over. Lynch's "The Straight Story," though, was quite touching. And "Twin Peaks" lingers in the mind as one of the more interesting treatments of that ever popular theme, America's loss of innocence. The way straight-arrow FBI Agent Cooper becomes, in the very last seconds of the series, the evil he beheld is chilling indeed.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx