David Lynch

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Sat Mar 2 01:07:06 PST 2002

Here's a guy who tells interviewers complete bull stories all the time--and they take him seriously! I myself can even admire Reagan as an actor (on film anyway).

But I think 'Blue Velvet' was about as big a piss take on Reagan-era America as I can imagine, though I guess one of the film's messages is just say no to drugs.

The question to ask is: even if Lynch admires Reagan, would Reagan (if he weren't so far gone from Alzheimers) admire anything Lynch has done artistically?

Charles Jannuzi