aesthetics

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Mar 4 14:05:17 PST 2002

aesthetics Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>

- --- joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com> wrote:

<<the aesthetization of war, the nietzchean celebration of the warrior ->>

I am going off on a tangent, but whenever Nietzche gets implicated in matters of militarism, I must remind that Nietzche liked the discipline of the military, not war.

^^^^^

CB: Perhaps, but this just makes Nietzche sound like a sort of stereotypical "philosopher" out of touch with reality, in the clouds, making ridiculous distinctions. It is forseeable that those who Nietzche influenced in the real world might miss this flaky distinction, and therefore that enthusiasm for his writings would give rise to jingoism and chauvinism

^^^^^^^^

He also had a falling out with his beloved sister because she married an anti-semitic proto-fascist.

Thomas