Nietzsche and the Nazis (Was Re: aesthetics)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Mar 5 13:13:10 PST 2002

Gordon:
> >Misreading is fruitful, it gives energy, it produces
> >progeny. That which can't be misread is terminally fixed,
> >dead. Hence the danger in misreading -- Jesus can lead to
> >Torquemada and Pius XI. But also the opportunity, without
> >which we might as well not read at all, but find a nice
> >warm cave, and stay in it forever.

Justin Schwartz:
> Sounds like Heidegger's theory of interpretation . . . or Nietzsche's,
> except N denies that there was ever a correct interpretation to start with.

Heh -- another Nazi. And I like "animal rights", and "the environment", too.

However, the thing to do with Nietzsche is to knock him down, go through his pockets, take what you need, and leave the rest. If you're going to kill Buddha when you meet him on the road, you certainly should mug Nietzsche.

-- Gordon