lbo-talk-digest V1 #5772

paul childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Tue Mar 5 20:54:44 PST 2002

>Janice Soprano/Parvati Wasatch (another instance of the confluence of
>decadence and new-ageyness)also shows many of her mother's qualities. I've

>seen only up through the middle of the second season, on cassette, and she

>has gravitated towards the most impulsive, frightening and unstable
>character, Richie Aprile, a true psychopath, with what J. Reid Meloy (in THE

>PSYCHOPATHIC MIND) calls the "reptilian gaze." In one of his

This is true, we're only up to season 2 in the frozen north but one of the strangest/funniest/scariest scenes was of Ritchie and Janice going at it doggy style on a couch (in her mothers house) with Ritchie holding a gun (probably loaded) to her head while she's saying something to the effect of 'Yes, you're the boss'. A zillion types of psychoses from the whole series in that scene alone.

PC

http://netwinsite.com/dbabble/