repression

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Mar 6 14:02:54 PST 2002

repression "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com> Subject: Re:

> >You and Justin are slanderers and liars.
>
>Oh, chill out Charles.
>
>jks
>
>^^^^^^
>
>CB: Your repressive inclinations, historically typical of liberal
>democrats, are showing once again.

It's repressive to suggest that you chill out? Is this Marcusean repressive tolerance?

jks

^^^^^

CB: It means I should stop saying what I am saying. That would be repression of what I am saying.

And it's sort of like if I were to ask you if you still beat your wife. Implied in your statement is the proposition that I am not chilled out, or that I need to chill out, when in fact I don't.