repression

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 14:39:18 PST 2002

>It's repressive to suggest that you chill out? Is this Marcusean repressive
>tolerance?
>
>jks
>

>CB: It means I should stop saying what I am saying. That would be
>repression of what I am saying.

No, actually, I was suggesting you chill out, not that you shut up. We're friends, wedisagree on lots, but we go way back, 20 some years, isn't it?--scary!; we've worked together on lots of things; so why are you calling me a slanderer and a liar, them's strong words, eh? It's quite appropriate to try to explain, even with some heat, how I have misunderstood or misrepresented your views.

Anyway, even if told you to shut up it would not be repression, because I'm in no position to make yo do it.

>Implied in your statement is the proposition that I am not chilled out, or
>that I need to chill out, when in fact I don't.

Ah, there we disagree. AT least that thet ime I thought you needed to chill out; it's OK, I have been known to blow a gasket here too.

jks