Schiff proposes to lower the bar...

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 23:36:47 PST 2002

>From: Brad Mayer <bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com>
>
>But it is most important to underline that Washington fully supports
>Sharons' policy, without a qualm (heard any lately?).

Yes, i.e.:

March 6, 2002

Bush Administration Signals a Parting With Sharon

Filed at 3:57 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In one of the Bush administration's strongest criticisms of Israel, Secretary of State Colin Powell suggested on Wednesday that a policy based on trying to kill Palestinians would lead nowhere.

"Prime Minister Sharon has to take a hard look at his policies to see whether they will work," Powell told a congressional hearing.

"If you declare war on the Palestinians and think you can solve the problem by seeing how many Palestinians can be killed -- I don't know that leads us anywhere."

[http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/politics/politics-mideast-powell.html]

Carl