BPD

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Fri Mar 8 08:43:46 PST 2002

) has the effect of making
>the person quite incapable of placing blame on structures rather than
>individuals. Whenever you see someone obsessed with identifying someone
>as evil or the source of evil, you can suspect BPD. BPD (or whatever as
>yet unidentified syndrome(s) or illness(s) it is the current name for)
>is a very sad condition.

I don't know about BPD but I do know that for years it's bothered me listening to people talk about their problems in the total absence of political context. But that's true in and out of AA if you're out here in the Rube Gallery. In fact, that's what makes it the Rube Gallery.

Speaking of drunks, it's come to my attention that the world could not run without them. Fer instance, in many restaurants I've worked in, there are very talented people, doing incredibly stressful jobs, getting under-paid, but staying in those jobs. Why? Cause when they aren't working, their energy is focused on drinking. At Pero's, two men who should be running their own kitchens are instead making like $9 an hour. People couldn't afford to eat out if it wasn't for drunks and illegal aliens without health coverage.