U.S. Works Up Plan for Using Nuclear Arms

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Mar 9 17:36:13 PST 2002

MAx I disagree with you and think that many miss the point.

Contingency plans to attack countries are to be expected - no news in this.

But read the actual contingency plan for God's sake!!!

That is what is off-key, new, strange and off the planet. to note the use of nuclear response:

" It says the weapons could be used in three types of situations: against targets able to withstand nonnuclear attack; in retaliation for attack with nuclear, biological or chemical weapons; or "in the event of surprising military developments." "

Note: "against targets able to withstand nonnuclear attack", and "in the event of surprising military developments."

Jez Lousie this is a significant shift and a major change in policy already becoming part of continguency responses.

Note that if in Iraq the army does to good of job defending its country againt US attack, then the contingent plan is to Nuke them! If Iraq launches a surprise attack unexpectantly, the answer is to to Nuke them!

These contingency plans are just that - given a specific circumstances this is the military docrtine and what the armed forces "MUST DO". Whether the command goes down the chain to push the button is a different question but this means that the only restraint is the military forces themselves.

All I can say is open your eyes. The reason this got leaked was nort because it was a plan of attack BUT BECAUSE OF WHAT THE ACTUAL PLAN IS. Nothing could be plainer.

Greg Schofield Perth Australia g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Use LesTecML Mailer (http://www.lestec.com.au/) * Powerful filters. * Create you own headers. * Have email types launch scripts. * Use emails to automat your work. * Add comments on receive. * Use scripts to extract and check emails. * Use MAID to create taylor-made solutions. * LesTecML Mailer is fully controlled by REXX. * A REXX interpreter is freely available. _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

--- Message Received --- From: "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:36:16 -0500 Subject: RE: U.S. Works Up Plan for Using Nuclear Arms

This is a total duh.

There must have been contingency plans to attack all of these places for a long time. The only thing novel is that someone would call attention to it.

--mbs