U.S. Works Up Plan for Using Nuclear Arms

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Sun Mar 10 02:39:56 PST 2002

First I would like to make the point that the situation today is unique in the sense of the lack of constraints on the US. Second the nuclear option has been sucidal only in terms of expected retaliation (explicitly muted in Vietnam). Third we have seen depleted uranium in use, so tactical nuclear is not so a remote possiblity.

Plus the US seems unprepared to take any serious casualities and this factor should not be under-rated.

Carrol, neverthelss you are probably right, but I would not want to bet on it. Before Bush I would have not been worried.

--- Message Received --- From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 20:08:37 -0600 Subject: Re: U.S. Works Up Plan for Using Nuclear Arms

No it isn't. Concrete plans to nuke Chinese installations in North Vietnam had been made in the fall of 1969 but the size of the November Moratorium demonstration in D.C. caused cancellation. It has always been part of U.S. strategy to win in any way necessary -- no limits to the destruction the U.S. ruling class has been and is prepared to bring about.

Carrol

_________

Greg Schofield Perth Australia g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Use LesTecML Mailer (http://www.lestec.com.au/) * Powerful filters. * Create you own headers. * Have email types launch scripts. * Use emails to automat your work. * Add comments on receive. * Use scripts to extract and check emails. * Use MAID to create taylor-made solutions. * LesTecML Mailer is fully controlled by REXX. * A REXX interpreter is freely available. _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________