U.S. Works Up Plan for Using Nuclear Arms

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 07:29:37 PST 2002

> > These people are scary. Is this the core of US bourgeois
>opinion, or
> > are these folks marginal loons?
> >
> > Doug

>Those guys think about that stuff all the time. That's Pentagon
>SOP. Military literacy in the US is even worse than economic
>literacy so LA Times want to play the Bushies as whacko's, which
>they are, but it's nothing new as far as military brass are
>concerned...

This is actually something I know a great deal about from a decade in the anti-nuclear movement. Maybe later I'll post a brief history. But the short version is that: (1) nuclear warfighting has always been nnounced US doctrine, ever since 1945, when we fought the first nuclear war; the Pentagon has never accepted the fact that nuclear war cannot or should not be fought; (2) the US has a very long history of fairly serious nuclear threats against all sorts of countries running back to 1946, and deliberate policy of making such threats; (3) more neutrally, military planners make plans, that is what they. We probably have plansforwar against England and France on the back shelf, just in case.

jks

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx