Steel Tariffs (CPUSA)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 11:41:12 PST 2002

--- Kevin Robert Dean <qualiall_2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> And on NPR the other day they were reporting on an
> ad
> taken out by the Steelworkers praising Dubya.
>
> Perhaps the CPUSA and others should put their
> support
> behind Georgie boy---go where the union support is
> and
> all that....

This is an interesting question, isn't it? You begin to see that the bourgeoisie is not as homogenous as some would say. On the one hand you have the main tendency towards globalization; on the other hand you have the regressive tendency that wants protectionism.

And what is the CPUSA's line? Back in the early 80s when I was a student member of the French Comunist Party (PCF), they had a protectionist campaign and all over France the CP put up billboards that read: "Made in France, C'est Bon!". Is this the line that the CPUSA is pursuing? That we should protect our internal markets? Perhaps Ross Perot should run on CPUSA ticket next time.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx