9/11

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 11 17:21:01 PST 2002

>that and the whole "hero" thing is way too exaggerated.
>obviously firemen become firemen because they like
>doing stuff like that... it's more like a bungee jumper
>dying in a bungee jump or a skydiver etc.

ok bungee jumping was a bad analogy (i am terrible with analogies) all i meant was that it's a calculated risk... and it was in no way meant as deragatory against firemen or even about firemen themselves really more about how all really manipulative and calculated it all is (i'm not talking about the firemen) i'm talking about emotionally exploitative propaganda

ok...here's a better analogy

it's like after the 15 hundreth holocaust documentary one gets sick of hearing about the holocaust right? or how like "schindlers list" isn't any different than any other of spielbergs pandering schlock films. it's the same thing with all this new york fire department 9/11 stuff. at this point it is only serving propaganda purposes. obviously i would assume firemen like doing what they do or wouldn't be firemen.

i apologize if what i said was interpreted as me saying firemen are nothing more than adrenalin junkies though i would still imagine there has to be at least some of that going on. it seems like one would have to in order to be a good firemen. i didn't mean to suggest that was their only motivation

~M.E.